RIDI is looking for talented Webtoon Editors who will be able to bring our original and licensed content to a global audience on our new comic platform, Manta.
This is a remote freelance position. We are taking applications from Korea as well as abroad.
Editing and quality checking the target language translation of English webtoons to create finalized episodes free from errors and ready for publishing.
- Comparing source and target text to catch obvious mistakes like mistranslations or context issues
- Editing mediocre writing, tone, or stylistic issues
- Checking for not neutral or unnatural target language usage
- Proofreading for typos, punctuation, and grammar errors
- Correcting continuity issues throughout the story (character names, plot points, spelling, etc.)
- Comparing the final French or German version with the original source webtoon to ensure quality in the final product
- Spotting obvious design errors such as missing design elements, files, etc.
- Ensuring adherence to RIDI's Translation Guidelines
- Native-level French or German
- Fluent in English
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Professional experience in proofreading, editing, translation, etc.
- Professional experience in proofreading, editing, translation, etc., with Webtoons specifically
- Flexible availability (availability on weekdays, etc. Please include your usual availability in hours/week in your cover letter/resume)
- Visa requirements:
- If residing in Korea, only those with valid work visas will be considered.
- Candidates residing abroad may apply for this position.
- Location: Remote Freelance Work
- Days of the week & hours:
- Weekdays/weekends, depending on the publishing schedule.
- Due dates are to be agreed on prior to taking on assignments.
- Documents to be submitted:
- Please include your general availability in hours/week
Please note that due to the high volume of interest, we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to speaking with you soon.